- All 30 teams get assigned one draft pick for each of the two rounds
- First 3 picks are determined by weighted lottery drawing of the 14 non-playoff teams, with the teams with the worst record receiving more number combinations.
- After the first 3 picks, all teams are placed in reverse order of regular season record
- Second round order is determined by reverse order of regular season record
- More additional rounds may be available in the future. See here
- Player must be 19 years old during draft calender year, and at least one season has passed since graduation of high school. If player did not graduate high school
- Player must declare his eligibility 60 days before draft
- Players are automatically eligible if United States player completes college eligibility or international player turns 22 by December 31.
- An American player who signs a contract and plays for an international team is automatically eligible by age of 19.
- No player is eligible for more than 2 drafts
- Player loses college eligibility if agent is hired, or declares for draft twice